Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Moment of Truth

I have a plan. It's not ideal but it will work. My husband's bonus will cover the cost of the deck and he confirmed with his office that he'll be receiving it in his paycheck at the end of the month. I am planning on closing my IRA that I rolled over from a 401k back when I stopped working, and withdrawing that money. I know I'll pay taxes and penalties but in the long run, it'll cover our monthly deficit for the next six months and then the bonus money that comes in during the rest of the year can go to paying down debt and starting a true savings account.

I'm hoping my husband won't flip out too much now that I'm finally coming clean, but since I figured out this plan this afternoon, I already feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I've been much more nice and patient with my kids than I have in the past few days. Wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.