Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stitch Fix

After seeing 3 unrelated friends post on Facebook about stitchfix, I decided to give it a try.  They're pretty popular so there was about a month delay between signing up and receiving my first fix.

I answered a bunch of questions about myself, my sizes, and what I thought of certain "looks". The box arrived on Tuesday with 5 items, and little cards that show different looks using the items in the box.  Some using two pieces that I received but also showing individual pieces with basic items that most people either have in their closet or could easily obtain. 



I knew I only had 3 days to give my feedback so I tried everything on, right away decided I liked two items - a pair of skinny black pants and a black and white knit top.  There were two items I was on the fence about - a long teal sleeveless silk tank and a white jacket with gold threading.  Silk makes me nervous because I've ruined silk pieces before after only wearing them a couple of times.  The white jacket made me nervous because it's white (I have kids and I spill).  I also wish it were lined but that wasn't a deal breaker.  It's one of those pieces that can dress up an otherwise everyday outfit, now I just need an occasion to wear it.  The final piece was a navy sweater with a sailboat on it.  It fit well, but was made of an acrylic blend which I don't like and the big sailboat felt too preppy to me.  I waited a day after trying everything on and then did a fashion show for my kids.  They agreed that the sailboat sweater was a no, but also convinced me that my maybe pieces were worth keeping, along with the two I already liked.  The next day I packed up my one no, gave my feedback of what I thought of my pieces, and am looking forward to my next fix.  

The designers stitchfix uses tend to be relatively small boutique type designers.  I googled them all and only one - sanctuary who made the black pants - was available for online shopping.  The others were either wholesale or only or didn't even have a website.  

You pay $20 for each fix, but that gets credited to anything you buy.  My total for the four pieces ended up being $272, but you can set your price points.  At this point I'm going to stick with monthly fixes as I need to update my wardrobe, but you can schedule as many or as few as you want, there is no obligation.  If you want to give it a try, please use my referral link - yes I get a credit on my next fix, but I wouldn't refer you if I didn't like the service.  Stay tuned for details on next months fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.