Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Christmas Letter to Troops

Before Christmas, I told Little Reader about organizations that send holiday greetings to the troops stationed abroad.  She said that she wanted to send cards to them as she felt bad that they were away from their families.

I hate to admit it but I dropped the ball and we missed the deadline.  Until now I forgot about it completely.

Today I was cleaning out their homework area going through papers and notebooks and found this letter in one of her notebooks.  I feel bad that this letter was never sent as it was very well and sincerely written.  I told her that and she said it was no big deal she'd send one next Christmas, but I just wanted to share it here.  



She signed her name, 3rd grade student

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Liz, This is such a thoughtful and kind letter and yes, you must send it this year as whoever receives it, will be moved, as I am sure all your readers have been.
    My husband was in the British Military for 25 years and I know how difficult it is for husbands, wives and children who are apart, due to conflicts around the world..... but as you daughter mentions, it is due to these brave men and women that we enjoy our freedoms today.
    Liz, I have enjoyed my visit so I have become a new follower. I found you at the lovely blog, My Turn for Us.
    I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! when you have the time, as you will be most welcome.
    Best Wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.