I was planning on running the Monster Dash, but then stumbled across the Women Rock Half Marathon or 10k. It is the first year for this race in Chicago but it's coordinated by Team Ortho who do a bunch of other races here with what looks like the same course. I decided to run this one instead because
1. A new race probably won't be as crowded as the Monster
2. It's a month earlier than the Monster so hopefully weather will be better
3. It's a week after my Mom's birthday, which seems appropriate since I'm running as an MS fundraiser in her honor.
4. Bonus swag - you already get a jacket as the goodie bag, but if you register before Mother's Day you get to choose an extra item (I picked a dri-fit tshirt, but they have shorts, tank, socks or a shoe bag). I always love "free" gifts.
5. Champagne at the post race party
So, anyone want to join me?