Monday, April 1, 2013

It's Official - I Registered for my First Half Marathon

I was planning on running the Monster Dash, but then stumbled across the Women Rock Half Marathon or 10k. It is the first year for this race in Chicago but it's coordinated by Team Ortho who do a bunch of other races here with what looks like the same course. I decided to run this one instead because

1. A new race probably won't be as crowded as the Monster
2. It's a month earlier than the Monster so hopefully weather will be better
3. It's a week after my Mom's birthday, which seems appropriate since I'm running as an MS fundraiser in her honor.
4. Bonus swag - you already get a jacket as the goodie bag, but if you register before Mother's Day you get to choose an extra item (I picked a dri-fit tshirt, but they have shorts, tank, socks or a shoe bag). I always love "free" gifts.
5. Champagne at the post race party

So, anyone want to join me?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the race! I sounds like a great one, and who wouldn't love to run in Chicago? I'd love to join you, but I am not sure this body is ready for the pavement. Just thinking about it makes my knees hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny when we lived downtown I always ran on a treadmill instead of along the lake. Don't know why it is a beautiful city.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo on entering and the swag bag... love those! I wish you the best, and can't wait to see the post on how you do. :-D

    Melanie
    My Imperfect...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm excited about it. I wish I didn't have to wait so long, but I've got lots of training to do.

      Delete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.