Thursday, August 22, 2013

Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres

I had to listen to an Audiobook for my summer reading club, and since I was afraid I'd zone out to a regular fiction story decided to go with Ellen's latest book instead. I used to love watching her show, but haven't had the time in a long time.

I love her sense of humor - unlike many comedians these days, she manages to be funny without being vulgar or insulting other people.  She's happy with who she is and where she is in her life but she doesn't gloat.  She jokes a few times about being a Covergirl spokesperson, but I think mostly because it was not anything she ever aspired to or expected.  A few chapters are just plain silly, and I enjoyed those too.

The book is not pure comedy though, it's as much about positive thinking and encouraging you to do whatever makes you happy (unless you're a serial killer).

Because it was an audiobook and I didn't take the time to bookmark any of the funny passages, I can't really relay any of her funny lines. I'd probably mess up the punch lines Suffice it to say, if you like Ellen, definitely give it a shot.  I had planned on listening to it on one of my long runs, but ended up getting a nasty cold thanks to Little Man, so just listened to it in the car and while doing laundry.  I have to say chores and errands are much more fun when you have a comedian talking to you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.