Friday, February 28, 2014

500 Miles

I started running again in the summer of 2012.  That year I logged 199 miles.  Last year I took the cold weather months off (cause I wimped out) and started running again in April.  I logged 400 miles total for the year.

My goal for 2014 is 500 miles.  A nice round number and not a huge difference from last year if I stay consistent during the cold. To keep me motivated I signed up for a virtual run club through virtualrunqueen.com and I'll be earning this cool medal for my efforts.


I've got a long way to go since I took a bunch of time off for my pinched nerve, but I've done the math and I know I can do it (but I have to average 11.3 miles per week from now on). 

It'll take some work and dedication but that's the point of setting goals.  There's no point in setting goals if they are really easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.