Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cheap White Wine - Blue Fin Chardonnay

My husband and I drink a lot of wine (ok, I admit I drink more than he does) To keep from going broke I try to stick to cheap wines.  Decent cheap whites are certainly easier to find than reds.  We've been drinking Barefoot Chardonnay a lot but were getting a little tired of it.

Here is one my current favorites Blue fin - a California Chardonnay I found at Trader Joes for 3.99.  At that price it definitely doesn't taste fancy but it is very drinkable and much better than 2 buck Chuck.


The only problem is that I don't really shop at Trader Joes so when I go in to get wine and buy 12 bottles they always ask if I'm having a party.  Um, no, I just like cheap wine.  

Do you have any favorite cheap wines?  I'm trying to mix it up a bit so I don't have to keep going to TJs so often. I'm sure the people there already think I'm an alcoholic.

2 comments:

  1. I love Chateau St. Michelle Riesling. It is about $8-$9 a bottle. Not too cheap, but not expensive either. I may have to try this Blue Fin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Reislings, as long as they're not overly sweet. Will have to try Chateau St Michelle as I do like their chard.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.