Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gløgg


1 cup snaps or vodka
4 cups red wine (do not waste an expensive wine on this)
1-2 cinnamon sticks
6-8 whole cloves
2 tbsp sugar
1 orange
Raisins and sliced almonds as desired

Boil stick of cinnamon and cloves in a little water in a large pot for a few minutes.  Add the wine, sugar, raisins and almonds and heat.  Do not boil.  Add the zest and some of the juice from the orange.  Serve in small cups or glasses with spoons for the raisins and the nuts. Best served with æbleskiver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.