Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rough morning but productive day

I had plans to run all sorts of errands yesterday but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

I dropped my daughters off at school, went to the supermarket to cash in some coins for Starbucks gift cards for my son's teachers, dropped off used batteries and Christmas lights at the public works office for recycling, and went to Barnes & Noble to get gifts for my nieces, nephew and my kids. I still dislike Barnes & Noble because of their strict 14 day return policy but they are allowing 60 days for the holidays. I think after the holidays I'll write a letter to the company. I've told any store employee who will listen that I don't like their policy but that's not going to change anything.

As we were finishing up in the store my son said his tummy hurt and he was tired. Unusual for him so I decided to go home for the stroller since I was planning to go to the mall next. On the way home, he threw up in the car :(

We went home, I got him cleaned up and put him down for a nap. With my extra time I made the dollhouse that my daughters will be getting from Santa as a surprise. I got it at Tuesday Morning for $50 (marked down from $100). I wouldn't have paid full price for it, but for $50 it was cute. Pretty basic, but it's much nicer than the plastic FP version they saw in a catalog a while back and said they wanted (but have now forgotten about). I figure if they continue to be interested we can slowly upgrade the furniture and eventually the house too. My Mom still has my old dollhouse furniture and has offered to send it if they are interested.

I picked up my daughters and brought one to a friend's house to play. Her first time going to this boy's house, and then took my other daughter to dance class. I ran to the store for dinner stuff while she was at dance and when I came back saw that they were all just sitting and watching the Barbie version of the Nutcracker. A one hour class and they only danced for the last few minutes. I'm not sure why, but it's the last class of this session so I guess the teacher wanted to give them a treat. Personally had I known I probably would have had her skip class.

We picked up my younger daughter at her friend's house and she had had a good time. She had been a little apprehensive about going over as apparently he has a little bit of a speech impediment and she was afraid she wouldn't understand him, but it ended up not being an issue. The only thing she didn't understand was his cat's name. They played board games and hide and seek and she said she'd like to have him over to our house a different time.

When we got home my son was finally able to eat. Lucky for him, bananas are part of the BRAT diet. He had one container of it, and then asked to rest before dinner. I didn't want to put him to bed without a bath and wanted to make sure he didn't throw up again do left him in his high chair while I made dinner. It didn't take long before he dozed off. I finished making dinner and he woke up on his own and happy just when it was time for the rest of us to eat. He had more to eat and then I gave him a bath and put him to bed.

After the kids were in bed I finished making vanilla cookies (I can't call them wreaths cause I still can't get the darn piping bag to work) to give to my daughter's piano teacher along with a Barnes & Noble gift card. Personal plus useful :). Long day but I feel like I got a lot done, and now I just hope that I was successful in keeping my son's germs away from my daughters. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.