Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Screen Free Week

This week is Screen Free Week at my daughters' school. Another Mom and I have organized events for the kids 4 of the 5 nights, and are asking kids to track what they do instead of using a screen.

In the spirit of the week and to lead by example, I'm shutting off all non-essential screens. No TV time or computer time for the kids (they don't watch that much anyway, so shouldn't be that tough).

For me, I won't be blogging or reading other blogs. I'm ignoring Facebook (the worst of my screen addictions), and will only check essential emails.

I can easily give up the TV, as I love to read, and am in the middle of a good book - 11/22/63 by Stephen King.

Giving up TV will be a little tougher for my husband, but he's agreed to play along provided I let him watch the two Hawks games this week. Hey, a reduction in TV time is better than nothing.

This weekend I'll report back on how we did. Just in case any of you are participating in the National Screen Free Week in a couple of weeks, don't ask why we're doing it early - PTO politics is all I can figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.