Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chicken with Pasta, Prosciutto & Asparagus in Cream Sauce



I adapted this from a cookbook from Magnolia's restaurant in Charleston. Mine is more of an alfredo, theirs was more soupy.  This is one of my husband's favorites.

1/2 lb cooked farfalle
4-5 slices of prosciutto cut into small pieces
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2 in slices
1 lb cooked diced chicken
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
Cracked pepper

Cook the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta cooks, saute the garlic in oil.  Once tender, add the prosciutto and the asparagus.  Once the asparagus is tender, add the heavy cream and Parmesan.  Cook, stirring occasionally until the cheese is melted and sauce thickens.  Add the chicken and cooked pasta to the pan. Add cracked pepper to taste.  Stir and let cook a little more til sauce thickens.  Serve with more Parmesan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.