Saturday, May 11, 2013

My First Official 5k Race

This morning there was a 5k race here in town and I figured since it was so convenient - starting line was less than a mile from my house - I should run it.  I got up early ran down to the starting line and waited for the start.

It was a pretty small race, only about 300 people ran (kids and adults).  Since it was so small there was obviously no corraling, but also not much warning of a start time.  About 10 minutes before the start they had us all gather at the starting line and then as I was standing there talking to a friend all of a sudden, I heard them say "GO!" and people started running.  A little warning to get my playlist and endomondo set up would have been nice, but I'm happy to say the race went well.

Official time - 27:34.  I came in 58th overall and 3rd in my age group.

I also got my goodie bag for my half marathon in the mail on Friday.  My sister has decided to fly in and run it with me, which will be cool.  She's done a couple of halfs before and was planning on running one near her that weekend anyway, but when I told her my plan to do it as an MS fundraiser in my Mom's honor, she registered to do the one with me instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.