Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Understanding Incentives

Today I told Little Man that before he did anything else he had to clean up the mess in the playroom.  After a couple of minutes of tidying, he asked, "Mommy, after I finish cleaning up can I have a treat?"
"No, you just had a cookie with your lunch"
"Well, what can I have?"
"A hug and a kiss for being a good helper"
"ok...... Wait, what kind of kiss?  The chocolate one or one on my cheek?
"One on your cheek"
Deep sigh, "ok" and back he went to cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.