Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My bittle girl

My daughter turned 8 last week so I now longer think of her as a little girl, but she's not completely big either. So I've started calling her my bittle girl. She's ......

Big enough to shower on her own in the morning
Little enough that she still wants to snuggle in my bed before we start our day

Big enough to be responsible about her homework
Little enough that I am still able to help her if she has trouble

Big enough to have outgrown Carters
Little enough that I won't buy her clothes from Justice (as much as she would like me to)

Big enough that when she was sick recently I let her stay home alone while I took her siblings to school
Little enough that I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Big enough that her school would allow her to walk to/from school on her own
Little enough that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it

Big enough to start picking up on the sad/evil things that happen in the world
Little enough I wish she could stay blissfully ignorant a little longer

Big enough to have heard the word sexy
Little enough to not understand what it means, so shouldn't be using it

Big enough to get embarrassed if she cries at school
Little enough that it still happens (though rarely)

Little enough to still believe that when two people love each other very much, their love makes a baby
Big enough that it's about time I tell her the full story before she hears it at school

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.