Monday, February 6, 2012

Dragging today

After a long but fun day yesterday, I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do post party cleanup. Luckily the damage isn't too bad but unfortunately most of the mess is in the kitchen.

We ended up with 49 people coming. 3 families cancelled day of due to sick kids. It ended up being the perfect amount. All the adults were able to sit and watch the game while the kids played in the basement. It was warm enough that the kids were able to play outside before it got too dark.

We had a good mix of food. We have a lot of left over chili and pulled pork but I froze it for my husband to eat another time.

Unfortunately, the birthday girl was one of the people who cancelled and I didn't get her text until I had already started making the cupcake. I made it anyway and it was a big hit with the kids.








As usual I didn't see much of the game but did catch the tail end and was glad the Giants won. I actually don't think anyone at the party was rooting for the Pats. I think everyone's gotten tired of Brady and Belichick. I know I have.


I managed to get the kitchen pretty well cleaned up while my son napped and am feeling much better now.  Hopefully once I get the kids to bed, I'll get some of the downstairs put back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.