Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I did it!!! I made a button

I've been wanting to make a button for a while but every tutorial I found used some of the applications I use but not all. I wasn't going to pay for new software just for a button. So after piecing together the advice from 3 different sites, I finally have it. I'll admit I don't love the design and will definitely play around with it some more.

I have to work on the coloring of the letters to make it easier to read, but I think it's a good start.


seeingthetreesfortheforest.blogspot.com

I figure now that I have the whole thing coded correctly, replacing it later with a better picture shouldn't be a big deal right? As a way of thanking the bloggers who helped (and so I can find them again if I have trouble), here are the ones I referenced.

Blogging With Amy - How to Make a Blog Button

Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, Babies - How to Make a Blog Button

Musings of a Housewife - How to Create a Button Code

I ended up making my button in picnik, uploading it to photobucket, and then entering the code to my sidebar. As hard as I tried I could not get a URL from Picasa web albums, not sure what I was doing wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.