Thursday, July 19, 2012

Leather Pants and Big Hair

I'm the first to admit that my musical tastes are basically stuck in the 80s. Everything from Bryan Adams (my first concert) to the hair bands to the harder metal. My husband and I hardly ever go to movies anymore but we did go see Rock of Ages opening weekend. I loved it for it's ridiculous 80s cheesiness. Great cast, decent covers of classic songs.

Along with the movie and the success of the musical that inspired the movie, there is a Rock of Ages tour this summer. No it's not some cheesy reproduction of the movie where they run through the songs on a regular stage (like the Glee concert). This is Lita Ford opening up for Poison and Def Leppard!!! Ok, now you think I'm a total dork. It's true while in the 80s I played Hysteria to death, and I had the cassette single of Lita Ford's duet with Ozzy Osborne. At the time I would not have admitted to listening to Poison, and remember making fun of a close friend who had their cassette. Yet, I still know every word to Every Rose has it's Thorn. There's no way I'm missing this show.

Normally I don't dress up for concerts. I mean why would I? Is the band really going to see me, and if they do do they care? Of course not.

But this is different, in order to get back to that 80s cheese I will be dusting off the black leather pants and teasing and curling my hair. Should be a fun night.

1 comment:

  1. I missed out on the 80s! Sounds like it was a ton of fun, weird hairstyles and all. Have fun dressing up like the 80s! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.