Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

I usually don't make resolutions, but since overall 2011 wasn't that great a year, I feel it's worth making an effort to make 2012 better. Continuing the way I have been won't work, I'll be back in a funk in no time.

So priority one, getting our finances in order. It's true money doesn't buy happiness but not having money causes a lot of stress. While I feel a little better that my husband is no aware of our situation and so understands and shares my stress, it's time to fix it.

There are also a ton of rainy day projects that I always mean to get around too but never do (often because I felt like if I had the time to complete some project I should have been working on our finances so ended up doing neither. So I'm going to take a cue from another blog I saw, but some personal organizer and make a list of things I want to accomplish this year and break them into 1 week tasks. Some may be quicker than that, but since I'm a horrible procrastinator, I think mapping out a plan will help.

Some weeks will be easier than others but the overall goal is to stop ignoring what needs to be done and stay on task, for the greater goal of getting rid of a lot of the stresses in my life by dealing with them instead of ignoring them. I know in the end it'll make me happier and let me be more present with my kids and let me enjoy the things I want to enjoy. Here's to a happy 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments, but admittedly have been a slacker about replying to all your kind words. I've recently received a bit of spam on my posts so will now be moderating any comments - and not allowing anonymous commenting. I hope that will help me stay on top of replies.